Mentoring is a valuable and rewarding experience for both mentors and mentees. The mentoring relationship connects alumni, who are experienced industry professionals, with current students and recent alumni so they can share insights and support the workforce of the future.
Your role as a mentor
When you join the mentoring programme as a mentor, we will match you with a mentee who is studying in a similar area or seeking knowledge and experience in your profession.
You will have a one-on-one mentoring relationship with your mentee. You will focus on identifying and enhancing their employability skills, and developing valuable networks for their transition into the workplace.
Benefits of being a mentor
- Developing new skills, such as coaching and leadership
- Giving back to the undergraduate community by sharing knowledge and expertise
- Opportunity to source future recruits
- Raising of your organisation’s profile
- Interacting with fellow mentors: building networks and sharing best practice
- Reaching specific target groups of interest to your organisations
Register to be a mentor